Table of Contents
James Taylor is coming to Omaha! The legendary singer-songwriter will be performing at the CHI Health Center on May 4th. This will be an unforgettable show, and tickets are sure to go fast. James Taylor is a musical icon. He has been writing and performing for over 50 years, and his songs have been covered by everyone from Carole King to the Dixie Chicks. He is a master of both the acoustic guitar and the piano, and his voice is instantly recognizable. His songs are timeless classics, and his live performances are always incredible.
If you’re a fan of James Taylor, or if you’re just looking for a great night out, this is a show you won’t want to miss. Get your tickets now!
2. James Taylor’s history and connection to Omaha
James Taylor was born in 1948 in Boston, Massachusetts, and is one of the most popular and influential singer-songwriters of his generation. He first rose to fame in the late 1960s and early 1970s with a string of hit songs, including “Fire and Rain,” “Carolina in My Mind,” and “Sweet Baby James.” He has since released more than 20 albums, including his most recent, Before This World, in 2015.
Taylor has had a long and close connection to the city of Omaha, Nebraska. He first visited Omaha in 1971 while on tour with Carole King, and he has since returned many times, both for concert performances and to visit family and friends. In fact, Omaha is where he met his wife, Kathryn, and the couple have lived in the city for part of each year since 2011.
Why is Omaha such a special place for James Taylor? In a recent interview, he explained:
“Omaha has always been a second home to me. It’s a great music town, and the people are just so friendly and down to earth. I love it here.”
And it seems that the feeling is mutual, as Omaha has declared June 17 to be “James Taylor Day” in honor of the singer’s many contributions to the city.
3. James Taylor’s performance in Omaha to benefit a local charity
James Taylor gave a stunning performance in Omaha on Saturday night, in support of a local charity. The singer-songwriter delivered a set of fan favorites and new material, much to the delight of the audience.
Taylor’s performance was in support of the Omaha Community Foundation, which provides grants to local nonprofits working in the areas of education, health, and human services. The singer-songwriter has a longstanding relationship with the foundation and has been a supporter of its work for many years.
During his performance, Taylor joked with the audience about his age, saying that he’s “getting to be an old man.” But his age didn’t seem to impede his performance in any way; he sounded as good as ever, and his band was tight.
The setlist included many of Taylor’s classic hits, such as “Fire and Rain,” “Sweet Baby James,” and “Carolina in My Mind.” He also played a few new songs from his most recent album, Before This World.
Before closing out the show with “You’ve Got a Friend,” Taylor spoke about the importance of giving back to the community. He encouraged the audience to support the Omaha Community Foundation and said that he was proud to be associated with an organization that does so much good for the city.
It was a night to remember for James Taylor fans in Omaha, and all for a good cause.
4. James Taylor’s Omaha performance to be his only Nebraska show
James Taylor is scheduled to perform in Omaha, Nebraska on May 12th, 2019, and this will be his only show in the state. The legendary singer-songwriter will be appearing at the CHI Health Center Omaha in support of his new album, American Standard.
This will be James Taylor’s first performance in Omaha in over 20 years, and fans are sure to be in for a treat. The new album is a return to form for the artist and has been receiving rave reviews. In particular, the song “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” has been praised for its nostalgic and heartwarming lyrics.
Fans can expect to hear all of their favorite James Taylor hits, as well as some new material from American Standard. This is sure to be a show not to miss, so be sure to get your tickets early.
5. James Taylor’s fans in Omaha excited about his concert
James Taylor is coming to Omaha! His concert will be held at the CHI Health Center on August 8 at 8 p.m. Tickets go on sale June 14 at 10 a.m. and start at $49.50.
Here are five James Taylor fans in Omaha who are excited about his concert:
- Kate, who has been a fan since she was a teenager. “I’m so excited that James Taylor is coming to Omaha! I’ve been a fan since I was a teenager and I’m finally going to get to see him live. I can’t wait to sing along to all of his hits.”
- John, who is a big fan of James Taylor’s music: “I’m a big fan of James Taylor’s music. I’m excited to see him live in concert and hear him perform some of my favorite songs.”
- Rachel, who is looking forward to seeing James Taylor live. “I’ve never seen James Taylor live before, but I’ve always wanted to. I’m excited to finally get the chance to see him in concert.”
- Sarah, who is excited to sing along to her favorite James Taylor songs: “I love James Taylor’s music. I’m excited to sing along to all of my favorite songs when he comes to Omaha.”
- Matt, who is looking forward to seeing James Taylor in concert: “I’m a big fan of James Taylor’s music. I’m excited to see him live in concert and hear him perform some of my favorite songs.”
6. James Taylor to perform at the Omaha Music Festival
The Omaha Music Festival is excited to announce that James Taylor and his band will be performing at the festival this year! James Taylor is a legendary singer-songwriter and one of the most popular musicians of our time. His hits include “Fire and Rain,” “Carolina in My Mind,” and “You’ve Got a Friend.” He is a five-time Grammy Award winner and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2000. This will be an incredible show that you won’t want to miss.
The Omaha Music Festival will be held from August 3-5 at CHI Health Center Omaha. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased online at omahamusicfestival.com.